Monday, April 24, 2006

My Memories - Memory List

My playroom that always looked like a bomb had exploded, toys were everywhere.

Trips to the lake house that overlooked the wavy water of Lake Ontario.

Going to the tiny local grocery store with my mom and pointing to almost every item on the shelf asking, “Can we get this, please?”

After school when the bus would drop me off, I would scuttle up the drive way as quickly as possible so I didn’t miss the beginning of my favorite TV show, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

The times I would beg my sister to do my hair and make up so I could play dress up and walk around the house in high heels that were way too big for my feet.

Going to the Dashboard Confessional concert and being in the first row of a huge crowd of people, just a few feet from the lead singer, Chris Carrabba.

The year we decided to put popcorn around the Christmas tree and ended staying up all night stringing many bags of popcorn together.

Every night when my cat would be curled up next to me peacefully sleeping.

My first job working as a cashier and having to ask every customer, “Would you like paper or plastic?”

My old house that had a huge interior, a barn red exterior, and was so old we eventually had to tear it down.

My first hamster named Lucky that escaped after having had him for only four days; I guess he wasn’t so lucky.

Going to Florida for the first time for our Senior Trip and the excitement of being there with all my friends.

Playing card games with my grandma after school and she would never let me win.

The nasty taste of lick-and-stick paper that we would use for art projects in Kindergarten.

Prom dress shopping and trying on dress after dress to make sure I found the right one.

The back porch of my grandparent’s house that my cousins and I used to pretend was a ship and it was controlled by an exercise bike.

Waking up one morning and finding out that my favorite dog, a black lab named Maxwell, was hit by a car.

The late night phone calls that would last for hours even though we had to get up for school the next morning.

Sharing a room with my older sister and always being a pest and snooping through her things.

Moving into our new house with out any furniture and having to use lawn chairs for a couple of months.

Coloring with my mom and always wondering how she always managed to stay in between the lines.

Seeing my new baby nephew for the first time and being so excited to be an aunt.

Crying in school because I lost my lunch money, but then realized that I really didn’t lose it.

Moving into my own room for the first time and not being able to sleep that night because I was so excited.

My 5th Birthday party when my sister dressed up as a clown and I was so mad at her because I was embarrassed.

Going to Yankee Stadium for the first time and being able to go onto the field and into the dugout after the game.

Chasing around a group of ducks that were dropped off at our house and trying to catch them with a fishing net.

The times I would get so scared because I heard a noise in the closet and I was convinced it was a witch.

My favorite toy, a pretend stove that would make cooking noises.

The days at lunch when we all sat in the cafeteria and would be laughing so hard that we cried.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home