Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Memories - Pronto

I dare ya to play a game called Pronto with me.
I bet you won’t win. I go to my grandma’s house after school. I hate having to ride a different bus to get there. My sister usually watches me but she has basketball after school and my mom works til 5 so that gives me 2 hours at my grandma’s and that means 2 hours of Pronto.
When I get to my grandma’s house she says hello to me at the door and then we go sit in the kitchen. She usually makes me a pb& j sandwhich. I don’t like it very much. She uses homemade strawberry jelly. The chunks of strawberry gross me out but I eat it anyways even though I can’t barely swallow it. I think it makes my grandma happy. I try to hurry up and eat it because as soon as I am done it is time for Pronto.
My grandma taught me the game. It is like playing solitaire but you use eachother’s aces. We play Pronto everyday and I am starting to get better and better. My grandma is really good and competitive. She always gets the aces first. I hardly ever win. She tells me I get too distracted but I don’t know what she expects. There is a little black and white tv that is right behind me when I play. I think she turns it on so I won’t pay attention. Just another game strategy. It seems like everytime I turn to watch it I hear my grandma yell Pronto. That means she won again.
I know I can’t beat my grandma at Pronto but I do challenge my mom or dad sometimes and I always win. My grandma may be the best at Pronto but I am not that far behind her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home